So, we've now put an extended driveway in the front, added on to the patio out back, had landscaping put in the front yard, put an island in our kitchen, changed the counter-tops to granite (and with that, put in new sinks and faucets in the kitchen and downstairs bathroom), put handles on the cupboards in the kitchen, added storage space to our attic, put wood floors in the family room upstairs, put the old counter-tops in the garage for working/storage space, and our latest project was to put wood floors in the dining room. We are also currently having the backyard landscaped as well, so we are super excited to get rid of all the tumbleweeds and have some nice green grass and lots of space to go out and enjoy the outdoors. Yes, we've done a lot to make this house our "home" and I've been very pleased with how everything has turned out. Of course, we didn't do all the work ourselves, but some of it we have. Although it can be a bit of a headache to do the improvements, it has definitely been rewarding as well. Maybe our next project will be to do some painting...
So, here are the "before" and "after" photos of the dining room...
BEFORE:

AFTER:

We are now working on finding some black accent furniture pieces to put in there to even out all the wood...
3 comments:
Looks great!
Leah - your baby is so cute! Sounds like you've been really busy. I'm so sick of house projects!!!!!!!!! (extra exclamation) They are never ending! Your floor looks great. I'll have to post a pic. of my black dining room furniture. I really like it and thought it was a good price...especially for the quality! check my blog in a couple days.
You need to post more pictures of all the other projects! I'm curious how you did storage space in the attic.
It was so fun hanging with you over the weekend. I still can't get over how good Nathanial was! He is adorable!
Love ya, Bree
Post a Comment