Our most recent adventure included a late night trip to Labor and Delivery at the hospital 5 weeks before I am due. I have what they call "an irritable uterus" which means I contract my entire pregnancy. I have with all 4 of them now. However, we had a little scare Sunday night thinking our baby girl was trying to come a bit too early. My "normal" contractions became much more frequent at about every 10 minutes. Then they were coming every 4 to 6 minutes so Alex had a friend come over to stay with the kids so we could run to the hospital before anything happened (considering how fast my labors usually progress). By the time we were driving in the car, my contractions had gotten stronger and were coming every 2 to 3 minutes. We made it to the hospital where I got to spend the next few hours being monitored and getting a couple shots of Terbutaline to calm the contractions. Around 3 am, we were finally able to come home. I went in to see my dr. today and he is hopeful that the medication should help me last at least a couple more weeks. So, here's hoping this baby decides to keep cooking for a little bit longer! :)Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Interesting times
Our most recent adventure included a late night trip to Labor and Delivery at the hospital 5 weeks before I am due. I have what they call "an irritable uterus" which means I contract my entire pregnancy. I have with all 4 of them now. However, we had a little scare Sunday night thinking our baby girl was trying to come a bit too early. My "normal" contractions became much more frequent at about every 10 minutes. Then they were coming every 4 to 6 minutes so Alex had a friend come over to stay with the kids so we could run to the hospital before anything happened (considering how fast my labors usually progress). By the time we were driving in the car, my contractions had gotten stronger and were coming every 2 to 3 minutes. We made it to the hospital where I got to spend the next few hours being monitored and getting a couple shots of Terbutaline to calm the contractions. Around 3 am, we were finally able to come home. I went in to see my dr. today and he is hopeful that the medication should help me last at least a couple more weeks. So, here's hoping this baby decides to keep cooking for a little bit longer! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Yes! Keep that baby in till she's done, please.
Leah! Please feel free to call us anytime of the day or night if you need help watching the kids! We are only seconds away!
Post a Comment