Friday, December 26, 2008

Update...

The month has just seemed to fly by here and I have yet to post about what's been going on. So, here I am now...finally...getting to post a little bit.

I finished school for the semester..HOORAY!! I am sooooo excited and relieved to take the next semester off and try to relax a little bit before the baby comes.

We finally put our wood floor in upstairs and absolutely LOVE it! (before and after pictures will come later...) It was a week-long project with some late nights, but it turned out great. I am so happy with the choice of wood and how it all turned out.

We saw Santa on the firetruck in our neighborhood and the kids loved it! We also got to see Santa at the mall and at a family party the other night. David has really gotten into the spirit of Christmas this year and has been so excited about it being Christmas time. Too bad it's already over. It creeps up on you way too fast and then is gone before you know it as well.
We went down to Las Vegas for the weekend to see BYU play in the Las Vegas Bowl. It was a fun trip even though the Cougars didn't play so well.
On a sad note, Christmas Eve we got rid of our 200 pound English Mastiff, Triton, who we have had for the past 3 years. He was getting territorial and a little aggressive, so we had to get rid of him before he really hurt someone or got one of the kids. It was sad to see him go, but hopefully for the best. Poor David has been saying he wants Triton to come back, but I have to keep telling him that he had to go live with someone else now. When we told him Triton wasn't coming home anymore Alex asked if that was ok and David's reply was, "Yeah. That's ok Dad. We'll get another puppy...a little one!" Apparently David grabbed a stack of bills from Alex today and said he was going to buy a new puppy with the money. I'm sure we'll get another dog sometime, but I think I would like a little bit of a break for now.
Christmas was good here for us. Alex has been saying all month that he hopes we have a white Christmas and in the past week and a half, we have just been pounded with snow, so he definitely got his wish! I think we got about 14 inches of snow in one day! We have yet to go build a snowman or go sledding, but I think we'll be doing that soon because David keeps asking. He did get to go out and play in it a little bit the other day as well as EAT a bunch of the snow as well. I finally had to get after him because he was freezing himself with all the snow he kept eating. Crazy kid!

No comments: