
Now I know smoke detectors are supposed to be for our protection, but they sure can be annoying at times. I spent a good 30 minutes yesterday trying to get the one downstairs to quit beeping. It was driving me crazy! I pushed the button on it several times (which only made it start beeping louder and over and over), took the battery out...thinking "Ok, this has got to make it stop, right?" WRONG! The dumb thing kept going off. I even tried pulling it off the ceiling and trying to yank the cords out...
Anyways, the whole time this was going on, I couldn't help but think of the FRIENDS episode where Phoebe fights to get a smoke detector to shut off. If you feel like having a laugh, here's the link to the episode...
http://friends-episodes.info/season-7/the-one-where-theyre-up-all-night
2 comments:
I can totally agree....I had one hanging off of my wall for about a month. Why are those things so annoying!
Yeah, in Boston they make you wire the smoke detectors to the house instead of using batteries and so when one goes off then they ALL go off! It took us quite a while to figure out to do with that the first time it happened...
Post a Comment