Monday, June 7, 2010

Where do I even begin?

I have been soooo behind on posting that I don't even know where to begin... I think we'll start with the most recent and work backwards...

This last Saturday we had a parade for Pony Express Days here in Eagle Mountain. The kids get so excited about it every year and LOVE gathering the TONS of candy that they throw from the floats. So, we got ready, got everyone outside and in the stroller to walk down to where the parade starts...I ran back inside to grab something and tripped on the last step going down the stairs. My foot swelled up SO big and hurt like crazy. I managed to walk down to the parade and back where I spent the next few hours with my foot propped up. After a while I finally broke down and went to Urgent Care to get it checked out because it just didn't look right. They took x-rays and determined that luckily it was not broken, but that I had a severe hematoma (which is just massive swelling from the internal bleeding) because I had torn a few ligaments in my foot. Oh what fun, huh? So, they wrapped it, gave me a boot to wear, and some crutches so I could move around, told me to rest it as much as possible and to expect a few weeks for it to recover! Seriously? A few WEEKS? So, needless to say, I just hobble around for the time being and hope that it gets better soon....

BUT, the parade itself was a blast and the kids once again, gathered WAY too much candy! :)

No comments: