Well, the island that we have been anticipating for the past 6 months is finally in!! (well, at least for the most part...) Alex has a client that said he could build an island for us, so he came to measure, we paid him $, and he said it would be done in a few weeks.
So then we waited, and waited, and waited some more...
6 months later, the guy decided to appear again and called Alex yesterday to say that he was coming over to install the island. We were ecstatic! He's gotta fix one of the doors, get shelves in, put the trash can roller in, and do a few minor details, but at least it's finally in! Now we have to figure out a top to put on it for the time being until we can rip out all the old counter tops and put granite in everywhere.
It is definitely different having to walk around this huge box sitting in the kitchen, but it does fill it up more, which is a good thing seeing as how much open space we had before. So, here's a few photos now with the island. I'll have to post some more once we get the top on it and everything is completed, but at least you get an idea...








2 comments:
gorgeous! I love it! Your house looks beautiful btw, when can I come see it in person?! lookin good!
I love the new island! I love how it is black. Great choice...
Post a Comment