Thursday, June 23, 2011

More Dr. fun

Last night Nathaniel and I made a trip down to Urgent Care once again get his elbow popped back into place. The same thing happened a few months ago too, and apparently it's a common occurrence among kids under 3 years old...especially if it's already happened once before. We thought it was his wrist because that's where he was pointing saying that it hurt, but once we got him in to see the Dr., they moved his arm around and popped his dislocated elbow right back into place. He couldn't be happier now though as he got not one, but two balloon animals to bring home! :)
This past Friday Alex and I got to go to my cousin's wedding up in Salt Lake City. It was so nice to see family and enjoy some time away from the kids.

Our time at the dinner after wards though got cut short as I started having regular contractions once again. So, seeing as how we were an hour from the hospital during rush hour, Alex ran to get the car and we took off. We made it to the hospital where we sat for about 8 hours having constant and regular contractions, but making very little progress. We finally decided to just head home and hope the contractions stopped rather than take more invasive measures to move things along. They gave me some Percaset to help me sleep and hopefully calm the contractions and sent us on our way. I have to admit that it was a little odd to be LEAVING the hospital when I was having contractions every 3 minutes, but luckily we made it home and I was finally able to fall asleep around 3am.

So, now we are just playing the waiting game. I have been dilated to a 5 for almost a week now and the Dr.'s keep telling me it could be any time...

I think this little girl is just enjoying making me suffer endless contractions and teasing us that she is gonna come, but then never will! So, we just wait...and wait...and wait...

No comments: