Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Life is Precious

We had a lady in our ward that I worked with in the Nursery pass away yesterday from an embolism. She was the mother of 3 and 6 months pregnant with her 4th. The baby passed away last night as well after they took him off life support. It really makes you appreciate life and all that you have when you realize how quickly it can be taken away. I came home from school last night and gave Alex a big hug and kiss. I just can't seem to stop thinking about it all. I can just imagine what the family must feel knowing how sad I feel. When someone you know passes away, especially unexpectedly, it just seems like a dream. It sure makes me think twice about how I act or what I say to the ones I love. Life truly is precious....

Here is her obituary...
Jennifer Marie Steed and Broden Nathan Pemberton

Jennifer Marie Steed Pemberton 5/2/1977 ~ 4/1/2008 Broden Nathan Pemberton 3/31/2008 ~ 4/1/2008 Following a premature birth related tragedy on Monday, Jennifer and her infant son, Broden, returned to their heavenly home on Tuesday, April 1, 2008. She was born in Provo, Utah to David Stuart and Nanette Ostler Steed on May 2, 1977. Jenni graduated from Provo High School in 1995.Jenni married Nathan John Pemberton on February 20, 1999. Their union was blessed with two daughters, Dakota Marie (8), Sequoya Raine (6), two sons; Theroryn John (2), Broden Nathan (newborn). They will be sealed together in the Salt Lake Temple on April 12, 2008. Jenni was a loving wife and mother who loved and served her family and almost everyone she met. She loved cooking, music and crafts, helped Nathan run their business and build two beautiful homes. Jenni is survived by her husband and three children, her parents, siblings; Heather Anne (Andrew) Cuzzort, David (Natalie), Jonathan (Triston) and Amber Lynne Steed, one nephew, two nieces, grandparents; H. Stuart and Esma Steed, Beth Powell Clayton and Claudia Ostler. Broden is also survived by his grandparents; George and Ulene Pemberton, great-grandmother Allene Atkinson, Nathan's ten siblings and their families. Funeral services will be held Monday, April 7, 2008 at 11:00 a.m. in the Eagle Mountain LDS Stake Center, 2977 Saddle Rock Road (Pony Express Parkway 7870 N.) Friends and family may call Sunday evening from 6-9:00 p.m. at Wing Mortuary, 118 E. Main Lehi, Utah and one hour prior to services at the church on Monday. Interment, Lehi City Cemetery. Online guestbook at wingmortuary.com In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to the Jennifer M. Pemberton donation fund at Zions Bank.
Published in the Deseret News on 4/4/2008.


2 comments:

Bobvila said...

Oh my goodness! I got all teary-eyed reading about that woman and her family and the baby. So scary that it can happen so quickly and out of the blue! I love you!

Anjanette Lofgren said...

I remember reading about this in the paper. So sad. I didn't know until now that she was in your ward.