Thursday, July 10, 2008

Florence and Pisa, ITALY

We rented another car here and drove into Florence where we got to see the famous statue of DAVID. You weren't supposed to take pictures (I don't understand why), but we did anyways. I wasn't about to not have a picture of the most famous statue! (I already had to miss out on photos from the Sistine Chapel.) The thing is HUGE! It is amazing the detail that went into that sculpture. Again, I was in awe at Michelangelo's work.

We then drove into Pisa, where I got carsick along the way (big surprise...), so I didn't get to enjoy being there as much as I would have liked. But we did get some good photos at least. It's crazy, because the tower apparently started sinking before they were even finished building it. So, rather than tear it down and start over, they just tried to correct the problem by building the last few levels at the opposite angle. Strange, huh? The thing is stable now though and you can actually go walk up it if you want to pay the $25 to do so (which we didn't). Just another one of those well-known things we can say we've seen...

No comments: