Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hooray!!!!

Well, I just wanted to share the good news. I talked to the city again and they agreed to pay the $450 water bill. We only have to pay the $120 bill from last month. So, I am so relieved! The bad news though is that I got a message from the company that fixed our water leak saying that the builder told him to send us the bill! So, I called the builder and he told me it's actually the developer's problem where the leak was. Great. I guess we'll have to try to fight with them now to pay the bill...

On another happier note, our landscaping is FINALLY in!!! It has been an ongoing process for months on end now, but they came and put the last of the grass in today and I am super excited to finally have a green yard. We still need to find some ground cover and plants for a few areas, but over-all the yard looks great!

Here is a before and after shot. Look at the difference some grass and trees make! (And of course, the painted fence and extra driveway up to the double-wide gate...)

BEFORE:
AFTER:
It finally looks like a real home, doesn't it? Now we just have to slowly work on the backyard. That is going to be a project....

2 comments:

Malmbergs said...

Yea! It looks great! So nice to finally have it done. I'm glad you got your water bill issue solved,as well. What a hassle home ownership can be at times.

Unknown said...

The landscaping does make a drastic change. It looks like you are living out on the edge of the desert, though, I hope those plants are robust!

The house itself looks beautiful. I love the stone.