Well, David is FINALLY potty trained! Yup! He got it really quick once I decided I was tired of changing 2 sets of diapers every day. I should have potty trained him a long time ago, but maybe I was lazy or just didn't want to mess with the hassle. I tried half-hearted a few times, but just didn't stick with it. So, once we got back from our trip I told David that starting Monday, we weren't wearing diapers anymore. And we didn't. I just let him run around in nothing but a t-shirt and no bottoms for a few days while we were training. And it worked!
He got the hang of the peeing thing really quick, but for some reason he didn't want to go eewws (his word for poop) in the potty. But then again he wouldn't go in a diaper either. So, we went through 4 days of "My tummy hurts Mom...Kiss it better" and him waking up crying in the middle of the night all bunched up in a ball because he was all stopped up. But, one morning he came to me and said he had to go potty, sat down and went! Ahhh!! Relief at last!
I have to say though, it does make things a little more difficult with a kid that is potty trained because you always have to make sure you are near a bathroom because you never know when they are going to say those dreaded words, "I've gotta go potty NOW mom!" Like the other night we went to this cool western dinner show where the singers were a family called, Mama's Boys, who put on a great show. Anyways, I swear that in the 2 hours we were there, between Alex and I, we must have taken David to the bathroom about 6-8 times! But when he's just learning to go potty, I don't want to deny him if he says he's gotta go.
Oh, the joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
OMGosh.... the dreaded potty training! I kind of started the other day with Mack and it went really well.... until naptime. I've heard people say to never use pullups cuz it just confuses them so I put Mack to bed with undies and of course he woke up soaked. No biggie though, I expected that much so I didn't make a big deal of it at all. BUt after his bath he refused to put his big boy underwear on. He cried and cried for his diaper. So on went the diaper. Ugh. So I haven't tried since. I figured I didn't want to push him if he isn't ready. It's so funny though the things that your life revolve around when you have kids. Diapers, bottles, diapers, laundry, more diapers, etc. Don't cha just LOVE being a mom!?!? haha. Well we are back in town now so I'll be giving you a call! Later chica
Post a Comment